Quickly building a valuable profile as a start-up: That Works for Me
Carnsight has been really fantastic for our business; getting to know us, our team and our ambitions. They are a pleasure to work with and secure regular coverage which supports our business objective. I would highly recommend!
134 million online readership
220,000 coverage views
That Works For Me is a flexible working platform, designed to bring together skilled professional people in need of flexible work with businesses in need of skilled professionals, on a less than full time basis.
Born from co-founder Jessica’s struggle to maintain a senior role in financial services on a flexible basis, their mission is to bring people who are not looking for a rigid, full-time job back to the workplace. Normalising and promoting flexible working both on behalf of workers and businesses is a key objective.
When That Works for Me approached us, they were still in the planning stages, looking to launch their brand and begin building a reputation. Key targets were SMEs and the recruitment and legal sectors. Being a new company they were keen to maximise PR on a limited budget, so we worked hard to pack a punch.
We created a strong launch plan as the backbone for communications, focusing on building the businesses’ profile by heroing co-founder and CEO, Jessica Heagren. We developed a list of publications and used a proactive and reactive approach to quickly build up coverage.
- We launched the company in business and trade press, then build on this by regularly approaching relevant publications, securing pieces in legal, financial and digital titles to hit their ideal target audience
- We introduced Jessica to Enterprise Nation – a key supporter of small businesses across the UK – and secured a speaking opportunity at Enterprise Nation’s Festival of Female Entrepreneurs. We then worked with her to develop and nurture that relationship.
- Jessica subsequently won the Female Start Up of the Year competition hosted by Enterprise Nation in 2020
- We consistently led with key messages around the benefits of flexible working, jumping on opportunities to newsjack the agenda
- National coverage was also a huge focus as flexible working dominated the headlines when the UK went into lockdown. We made sure that Jessica was part of that conversation with pieces in The Sun and The Times.
- We maximised our limited budget and Jessica’s limited time by recycling and updating content, making it work as hard as possible for the business
- With Jessica at the helm, we sought out opportunities surrounding strong female founders and female-led businesses. She was profiled across a variety of publications including We Are the City and The Successful Founder. We also ensured Jessica’s uplifting content was shared widely on International Women’s Day.
- As the business evolved and adapted, we re-focussed with a Three Lens Messaging Session, to ensure we were targeting the right audiences with the most effective business messages
In the first 12 months we achieved:
- 61 pieces of coverage
- An online readership of 134 million
- 220,000 estimated coverage views
- 694 social shares
- An average domain authority of 55
- The business winning Start-Up of the Year at Enterprise Nation
- And Tech Nation’s Rising Star regional winners for leading in diversity and inclusion
- Coverage in The Sun and The Times, amongst others