125,000 coverage views: Creating a buzz around electric vehicles
Not only was Carnsight’s strategic advice invaluable, but the results have proved that they know how to generate a real buzz around a company. I have no hesitation in recommending Carnsight Communications.
RUSSELL KEARNEY, HEAD OF AUTOMOTIVE, ENCORE DIGITAL MEDIA.
In a nutshell
Online advertising specialist Encore Digital Media was looking to grow its client base in the automotive industry. They came to us for a fresh take on an age-old challenge: how do you get the right people talking about your business?
We decided to arm Encore with up-to-the-minute data on one key issues: drivers’ attitudes to electric vehicles. In collaberation with the company’s market researchers, Savanta, we devised a brand new survery that would paint a precise picture of potential customers’ hopes and concerns. We used our findings to engage automotive audiences in the UK and Europe, and showcase Encore as a standout insight brand.
What we did
PR was integral to the entire marketing strategy.
- We crafted questions that generated newsworthy research
- We identified compelling story hooks within the findings
- We wrote an eye-catching press release highlighting the key discoveries
- We selected the most relevant media outlets and publications, and made contact
- We made sure Encore was part of EV discussions on social media, actively participating in chats
- We pushed for social media like and encouraged people to share our content
- We boosted coverage using content syndication
We began by focusing on motoring and green-energy media outlets, where we knew our fresh high-value content would really make its mark. Once the press release had been picked up by these target titles, we encouraged other outlets to syndicate the content too, consolidating Encore’s reputation as a trusted and knowledgeable brand.
The campaign quickly bore fruit. Within three weeks of pitching our press release, we had reached a readership of 53.4 million. We achieved:
- 125,000 coverage views;
- Coverage in the UK, France and Ukraine;
- An average domain authority of 50;
- 26 pieces of coverage;
- 454 social media shares
The story was covered by Business Telegraph, Yahoo News, motor1.com, Automotive IT, electrive.com, CleanTechnica, CarsRadars and more.