Driving awareness and consideration for services using social media: Birchwood Care Home
Carnsight has done an outstanding job for the social media for Birchwood House and Birchwood Care Services, a local care provider in Kent.
In 6 months they’ve transformed the social media, not only gaining new followers but massively increasing engagement and click throughs to the website. They’ve come up with the perfect blend of content from behind-the-scenes stories, introducing key team members in an authentic way as well as weaving in sales messages.
Imagery is always striking, and the copy is perfectly crafted with interesting headlines and strong call to actions – everything you need in a social media post. And the tone of voice has evolved to create a warm, personable and professional feel. But they never get complacent and are always looking to improve results and try new things. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Carnsight for their social media services and content writing.
56% increase in page visits
1.4k% increase in paid ad reach
- Birchwood Care has been offering outstanding care to the elderly in Kent for over 30 years at Birchwood House, a care home in Speldhurst; and, out in the community, through its at-home support, Birchwood Care Services.
- Having worked with Birchwood and its marketing consultant Natalie Sharp on a number of successful PR projects since 2020, the opportunity arose for us to provide Birchwood Care Group with our social media services.
- Our objectives were focused on driving awareness and consideration for using Birchwood Care through creating an engaged social media audience.
We started with a social media analytics audit which proved the most powerful channel was Birchwood Care’s Facebook page, and so this is where we focused our efforts. We also set competitors as ongoing comparisons.
- First we established tone of voice, updated some of the page’s assets to be on brand and created a thorough content plan.
- Process was key – especially working around a busy care home and care services team. We set up regular catch ups with key contacts within both Birchwood House and Birchwood Care Services and used information provided by them to inform our social media content and get photos and videos – a minimum of two each week.
- We made the decision to post at least 3-4 times per week. We knew consistency was key when it came to building an engaged audience.
- We came up with a list of awareness days and celebration dates that were relevant to Birchwood and made some suggestions regarding ways Birchwood and its clients and residents could celebrate and enjoy the occasions and share this via social media.
- We ensured the Birchwood Facebook page reflected the warm and lively atmosphere and tone of the staff and ensured internal celebrations were being reflected online.
- We boosted engagement with prize giveaways and paid advertising – particularly carousel ads – focusing on current offers running at Birchwood.
- We kept ourselves on track with a monthly review and test and learn strategy implemented.
Jan – March 2022
The first quarter of activity in 2022 garnered:
- 275% increase in page reach
- 56% increase in page visits
- 1.4k% increase in paid ad reach
- Engagement consistently outperforming local competitors
- Working hand-in-hand with marketing, overall results are on track to hit business objectives this year
Photograph taken by: Tessa Clements Photography