Relaunching Bristol’s longest serving fertility clinic, for its 10-year anniversary
Carnsight quickly understood our challenges and opportunities, and came up with a brilliant event to celebrate our 10 year anniversary in style, and generate some great TV and newspaper coverage for us. They also introduced us to some valuable photography and videography partners. We enjoyed working with them and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.
Dr Amanda Jefferys, Consultant Gynaecologist and Fertility Specialist, BCRM
In a nutshell
Bristol’s longest serving fertility clinic, the BCRM, wanted to raise its public profile positively in the South West in an increasingly competitive market. This followed some negative press stemming from misunderstanding of the clinic’s transition from a public to a private fertility service.
During our first meeting we established it was 10 years since they moved into the building, which gave us an excellent reason to promote the BCRM. We decided to hold a 10-year celebration and invite patients and families past and present, which would be a great springboard for communication and press engagement.
What we did
We worked closely with their internal team to organise an event that would attract maximum media attention and communicate positive key messages.
- We helped design the overall party theme, logistics for the day and the invite list.
- We allowed the most important guests – the children – to take centre stage.
- We developed press materials and contacted high-impact local publications and TV channels whom we also invited to the day.
- BCRM asked past patients to share their memories and experiences if they wished to, and we then shared these ourselves across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn to amplify the message.
- We recommended a trusted videographer and photographer who provided great journalistic and press-ready images to provide to local press whose photographers couldn’t attend on the day.
The celebration was an overwhelming success – over 60 families attended, and we secured BBC Points West to film the event for the evening news. We achieved:
- Over 25,000 views of the coverage and a TV audience of 375,000 viewers.
- Coverage that was shared over 40 times.
- Families from the past 10 years sharing a range of memories on social media thus capturing a much wider audience with real life stories and testimonials.
We secured coverage in a range of press such as Bristol Post; Gloucester Gazette; Made in Bristol; Bath & Wiltshire Parent; Entirely South West.