The Dou-Doods: inclusion in some of the country’s most prominent gift guides
I have loved working with Carnsight. They are such lovely and enthusiastic women, and so keen to make a difference for everyone they work with. They really support small businesses and appreciated that I didn’t have a huge budget to spend on PR. They helped me spend my money smartly to really make every penny count. We got some really great editorial exposure from the press release we worked on together.
The advice they offer me on the many questions I have continues to be invaluable.
Thanks for everything you have done for me, ladies. I look forward to working with you again on the next project.
Monique Horrigan, creator of The Dou-Doods
187,000 coverage views
30% sales increase post-campaign
We were working with a smaller budget for this project so decided to focus on in-depth research and direct telephone contact with journalists, instead of a scattergun email approach. We knew highly targeted sampling would save time and stretch the budget further.
- We worked closely with Monique to create a media list, drawing upon our library of contacts and her aspirations. This gave us a range of outlets; parenting, lifestyle, female and gift publications to aim for, both local and national.
- We created a compelling press release, drawing upon the Dou-Doods’ popularity, their unique qualities and obvious Christmas appeal. Releases were tailored for each contact.
- We highlighted potential awards the Dou-Doods were suitable for, which would boost media presence
- We worked reactively as well as proactively, looking out for any journalists and bloggers who were requesting Christmas gifts to review
- All published coverage was shared across Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram by us and Monique to amplify the message
Over a three-month period, the Dou-Doods were included in a range of prestigious and popular parenting and lifestyle gift guides. We achieved:
- 6 pieces of coverage
- An online readership of 147m
- 187k estimated coverage views
- 152 social shares
- An average domain authority of 79
- An award win with the MadeForMums 2019 Toy Awards